We received a reply from first appellate authority of MHRD regarding appointment of directors for 13 NIT’s. NIT Warangal is also among the 13 NIT’s which have post of director vacant.
Here is gist of reply:
1. The CPIO misses our RTI application.
2. First appellate authority says non traceability of RTI application lead to delay of information and regrets for it .Lol…How come an application got missed when all our earlier RTI’s reached the CPIO and only this RTI got misplaced even when it was sent by speed post to the same old address?
Something fishy happening…??
3. 147 applications have been received by MHRD including 7 nominations.
4. The appellate authority denies giving copy of applications received by MHRD quoting section 8(1) h.
5. Doesn’t mention clear cut selection procedure for appointment of Director’s for INI (Institutes of National Importance).Why is ministry hesitant to give selection procedure?
We are going for second appeal very soon